Thursday 23 December 2010

TASK #5

Essay points/Plan:

Introduction- Firstly I need to talk about the different types of narrative that are constructed around female artists in music videos such as ‘call on me’ or ‘bed rock’ very briefly, for example discuss how female artists are sexually objectified & why, how they are stereotyped into different roles in society.

-Patriarchal society

-Laura Maulvey’s ‘Male Gaze’

- Gender division between men and women. (male dominated industry)
And then I need to talk about how they appeal to the audience, what is the purpose of those narratives.

1st paragraph – I need to talk about the typical representations of female artists in the music industry and then introduce the genre of Pop.

- Talk about how men are seen as active and women as passive and compare the different between them and talk about social division between them.

2nd paragraphs - then I need to talk about the effect on the audience and how and why they affect society: I also need to include theorises that related to my topic.

1. David Gauntlett- Gender identity, lifestyle
2. Gaye Tuchman- symbolic anhilation of women
3. Laura Mulvey- Visual pleasure and narrative cinema
4. Antoinio- Gramsci-Hegemony
5.Judith Butler- Gender as performance
3rd paragraph- I need to talk about my historical text : Madonna ‘express yourself’ and how she become a role model to other female artists.

4th paragraph- How has this been challenged by contemporary female artists, then I need to introduce Lady Gaga & Pink as my contemporary artists and how they also challenged those stereotypes.

5th paragraph- I need to talk about the types of changes that had been occurred by those artists and how it has changed audience’s views and also discuss if there has been any issues and debates surrounding the changes or artists.

6th paragraph- then I will be able to discuss the success of women (female artists) in today’s society and how women are become more dominant and in control of their sexuality and their music.

- I need to talk about the types of achievement that has been made and consider whether it’s negative or positive.

Conclusion- give a summary of the main points made and link the final point back to the main question.

Overall I need to give Quotes and theory that’s link to my critical investigation.

No comments:

Post a Comment